1. The Government of India has recently set up a “cargo air-bridge” with which country, to transport critical medical supplies?
Ans: China (This air bridge uses regular cargo flights for transporting critical medical supplies between the two countries. This initiative is operated by Air India from April 3. This is implemented under the ‘Lifeline Udan’ initiative of the Union Ministry of Civil Aviation.)
2. What is the name of the Nobel Prize-winning physicist known for his work on magnetism and superconductivity, who recently passed away?
Ans: Philip Anderson (Philip Warren Anderson (December 13, 1923 – March 29, 2020) was an American theoretical physicist and Nobel laureate. Anderson made contributions to the theories of localization, antiferromagnetism, symmetry breaking (including a paper in 1962 discussing symmetry breaking in particle physics, leading to the development of the Standard Model around 10 years later), and high-temperature superconductivity, and to the philosophy of science through his writings on emergent phenomena.)
3. What is the theme of the 2020 World Autism Awareness Day?
Ans: The Transition to Adulthood ( World Autism Awareness Day is an internationally recognized day on 2 April every year, encouraging Member States of the United Nations to take measures to raise awareness about people with autistic spectrum disorders including autism and Asperger syndrome throughout the world. It was designated by the United Nations General Assembly resolution “62/139. World Autism Awareness Day”, World Autism Day is one of only seven official health-specific UN Days. The day itself brings individual autism organizations together all around the world to aid in things like research, diagnoses, treatment, and acceptance for those with an autistic developmental path.)
4. What is the name of the initiative of Civil Aviation Ministry which aims to supply medical supplies across country amid lockdown?
Ans: Lifeline Udan ( The Union Ministry of Civil Aviation has launched a new initiative called ‘Lifeline Udan’ under which flights are operated to transport essential medical supplies across the country amid coronavirus lockdown. The air carriers which are involved in Lifeline Udan operations include Air India, Alliance Air, Indian Air Force and Pawan Hans. Cargo hubs have been established at Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bangalore and Kolkata.)
5. As per the recent notification of the Reserve Bank of India, what is the new deadline for exporters to realise their export proceeds for exports made up to July 31?
Ans: 15 Months ( It has not only enhanced state government’s short-term liquidity needs, but relaxed export repatriation limits from nine months to 15 months and also said that capital conservation buffer may not be activated for a year
6. What is the name of the first indigenous testing kit for COVID-19 in India, which was launched at Pune?
Ans: Patho Detect ( a medical testing facility from Pune has now become the first Indian company to develop a coronavirus testing kit which is now available publically.People are praising its speedy development and the efforts done by the team of scientists involved in the making of the kit, especially, virologist Minal Dakhave Bhosale who delivered the test kit, right before delivering her own baby.The kits, which were pushed into production at a speedy rate is the brainchild of Bhosale, a virologist who has worked with her team on a number of viral tests before. The first test for COVID-19 was created in the lab in less than six weeks time and was sent to the NIV for approval, where it won a lot of praise. Available for public use, the test kit has already been pushed out to major metro cities across the country.)
7. The National Investigation Agency (NIA) is to probe its first overseas case on the terrorist attack on a Gurudwara, located in which country?
Ans: Afghanistan ( The National Investigation Agency (NIA) has registered its first overseas case and has started investigation into the terrorist attack on a gurdwara at Kabul, Afghanistan. On March 25, 2020, some gunmen entered a gurdwara in Kabul and fired, which killed 27 devotees and injured several others. The recent amendments in NIA Act have permitted NIA to investigate cases against the Indian citizens or affecting the interest of India, which are committed at places outside India.)
8. The new rule of the Centre for expanding domicile to 15 years of residence or 7 years of study, has been made for which Indian state/ UT?
Ans: Jammu and kashmir ( the new gazette notification under the J&K Civil Services (Decentralization and Recruitment) Act, a person who has resided in Jammu and Kashmir for at least 15 years will be eligible to be a domicile of the Union Territory. The person who has studied for a period of seven years and appeared in class 10 or 12 examination in an educational institution based in the Union Territory will also be eligible to be a domicile.)