Current Affairs July 14 2019
1. Which former ISRO chief has been bestowed with France’s highest civilian award?
Ans : A S kiran kumar
2. Which of the following banks has become the first Indian bank to link interest rates to RBI’s repo rate?
3.Master Hirannaiah,( May 2, 2019) who passed away recently, was the noted personality of which regional theatre?
Ans : Kannada
4. Who has been appointed as the Officer on Special Duty (OSD) in the office of Lokpal?
Ans : Dilip kumar
5. King Maha Vajiralongkorn, who is in news recently, is from which country?
Ans : Thailand
6. On which date, the 2019 edition of International Firefighters’ Day (IFFD) is observed recently?
Ans :May 4
7. Who has been appointed as NATO’s Supreme Allied Commander in Europe (SACEUR)?
Ans :Tod Wolters
8. Which Indian sportswomen has attained the World No. 1 position in the women’s 10m air rifle event?
Ans :Apurvi Chanela
9. The TePe Sigeman & Co International tournament is associated to which sports?
Ans : Chess
10. Which Indian squash player has won the women’s title at the 2019 Asian Individual Squash Championship?
Ans : Joshna Chinappa
11. Duti Krushna Panda, who passed away recently, was the veteran politician of which party?
Ans : CPI (Consumer Price Index)
12. What is the theme of the Indian Pavilion at the 58th Venice Biennale 2019?
Ans :Hundred and fifty years of Mahatma Gandhi
13. Which IIT has tied up with e-Governance Services India Limited to upscale Unnat Bharat Abhiyan?
Ans :IIT Kanpur
14. Which space agency has revealed that giant asteroid 99942 Apophis is expected to fly close to Earth in a decade?
Ans : NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration, Act in 1958)
15. Which Indian journalist has won the 2018 ACJ Award for Investigative Journalism in print/online category?
Ans :Nileena MS
16. INS Vela, which is launched under Indian Navy’s Project-75, is the joint venture of India and which of the following countries?
Ans : France
17. Bandana, who set a new Guinness World Record on ‘Longest Dancing Marathon by an Individual’, is from which country?
Ans : Nepal
18. Which country is the current chair of the 2019 G-7 summit?
Ans : France ( Paris in 1944)
19. What is the theme of the 2019 World Asthma Day (WAD)?
Ans : Stop for Asthma
20. Who is the newly appointed Prime Minister of Mali?
Ans :Boubou Cisse (Bamako is capital of Mali its a landlocked country in west African Craton)
21. Who of the following Indians are among 115 UN personnel staff honoured for sacrifice in line of duty?
Ans : Jitender Kumar & Shikha Garg
22. ‘GRIHA for Existing Day Schools’, which is in news recently, is associated to which of the following issues?
23. INS Ranjit, which is recently decommissioned by Indian Navy, was built by which of the countries?
Ans : USSR (Union of Soviet Socialist Republics)
24. Who has been sworn-in as the new Chief Justice of Chhattisgarh High Court?
Ans : P R Ramachandra Menon
25. Who has been appointed as new coach of Indian Volleyball Team?
Ans : Dragan Mihailovic
26. Who has been bestowed with the 2019 V K Krishna Menon Award?
Ans :G D Robert Govender
27. The book “Game Changer” is the autobiography of which of the following cricketers?
Ans : Shahid Afridi