Current affairs July 17 2019
1. Which country to host the 2023 Asian Cup Football tournament?
2. Which of the following organizations has released the ‘Payment and Settlement Systems in India: Vision 2019 – 2021’?
Ans :RBI (1 April 1935, Kolkata)Shri Shaktikanta Das, IAS Retd., 25th Governor of the Reserve Bank of India effective December 12, 2018.
3. Which country has recently blocked all language editions of Wikipedia?
4. Which Indian judge has been appointed as Judge of Supreme Court of Fiji?
Ans : Madan Blokur
5. The first full-fledged Services Selection Board (SSB) of Indian Navy has opened in which of the following cities?
Ans : Kolkata
6. Who has been appointed as the new CMD of ITC Ltd?
Ans: Sanjiv Puri
7. What is the theme of the 2019 edition of International Day of Families?
Ans : Families and Climax Action : Focus on SDG 13.
8. Which of the following banks has launched co-branded multi-currency travel card with Goibibo?
Ans : ICICI Bank (Founded June 1994, Vadodara)
9. Who has been appointed as the new chairperson of News Broadcasting Standards Authority (NBSA: Founded
6 June 1946, New York, ,United States)?
Ans :Arjan Kumar Sikri
10. The 2019 International Army Scout Masters Competition will be held in which of the following cities?
Ans : Jaisalmer
11. In Madhya Pradesh, women will handle the entire work of counting votes in which of the following districts?
12. The scientists at which lab created a new type of plastic ‘PDK’ that can be recycled forever?
Ans: Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
13. France and which country have jointly launched a new initiative ‘Christchurch Call’ against online extremism?
Ans: New Zealand
14. National Vesak Week, which is in news recently , is associated to which of the following religions?
15. Who has been appointed head coach of the Indian men’s senior football team?
Ans: igor Stimac
16. Lecanorchis taiwaniana, which is in news recently, has discovered in which of the following Indian states?
17. Teressa Island is located in which of the following union territories of India?
Ans: Andaman and Nicobar
18. The Services Trade Restrictiveness Index (STRI) is associated to which of the following organizations?
Ans: OECD (Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, Formation 16 April 1948)
19. ICGS Vigraha, which is recently decommissioned at Visakhapatnam, is which class of offshore patrol vessel?
Ans : Vikram
20. What is the theme of the 2019 edition of World Telecommunication and Information Society Day?
Ans : Bridging the standardization gap
21. Cocos (Keeling) Islands is an external territory of which countries?
22. Which of the sculptors has topped the first edition of the Hurun India Art List?
Ans: Anish Kapoor
23. Kadavoor Sivadasan, who passed away recently, was the veteran politician of which of the following parties?
Ans : INC (incorporated company)
24. Who is the author of the book “Coming Round the Mountain”?
Ans: Ruskin Bond
25. Which Bollywood personality has been felicitated by Council of European Chambers of Commerce (CEUCC) for promoting Children Rights?
Ans : Anil Kapoor
26. Which Indian personality has been awarded the UN Sasakawa Award 2019 for Disaster Risk Reduction?
Ans: P K Mishra
27. The tripartite MoU signed between NMCG, HCL Foundation and INTACH for Rudraksh Plantation in which of the following states?
Ans: Uttar Pradesh
28. What is the theme of the 2019 edition of World Metrology Day?
Ans: The International System Of Units – Fundamentally better
29. Who clinched the men’s title at the 2019 Italian Open Tennis tournament?
Ans: Rafael Nadal
30. The researchers at which Canadian university has developed a specialized microscope that can diagnose skin cancer & perform surgeries?
Ans : University of British Colmbia
31. Which committee has recently submitted report on digital payments to RBI?
Ans: Nandan Nilekani Committee
32. Which state has become the first Indian state to list Masala Bond in overseas market?
Ans : Kerala
33. Ieoh Ming Pei, who passed away recently, was the renowned architect of which country?
34. On which date, the 2019 edition of World AIDS Vaccine Day (WAVD) is observed?
Ans: May 18
35. The 26th naval drill exercise “SIMBEX-19” has started between India and which of the following countries?