Current Affairs July 21 2019
1. Which site of Madhya Pradesh has been included in the tentative list of UNESCO World heritage sites?
Ans : Orchha (The architectural heritage of Orchha town in Madhya Pradesh has been included in UNESCO’s tentative list of world heritage sites following a proposal)
2. Which country has launched the world’s largest nuclear-powered icebreaker ‘Ural’?
3. Where is the headquarters of United Nations Human Settlements Programme ? (UN-Habitat)?
4. Rahi Sarnobat, who booked 2020 Tokyo Olympic quota for India, is associated to which sports?
Ans : Shooting
5. Kalpana Dash, who passed away recently, was the noted woman mountaineer of which state?
Ans : Odisha
6. Which Indian Army officer has been appointed the commander of UN Mission in South Sudan?
Ans : Shailesh Tinaikar
7. Which country to host an international conference against anti-Semitism in October 2020?
Ans: Sweden (In October 2020, Sweden will host an international conference against anti-Semitism in memory of the Holocaust.)
8. Who is the head of the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) tribunal for adjudicating ban on LTTE?
Ans: Sangita Dhingra Sehgal
9. Who won the 2019 Formula One Monaco Grand Prix?
Ans : Lewis Hamilton
10. Which is redefined International System of Units has been introduced by CSIR-NPL?
Ans : Mole (On 2019 World Meteorology Day, the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research and National Physical Laboratory (CSIR-NPL) has recently introduced)
11. Murray Gell-Mann, who passed away recently, won 1969 Nobel Prize in which category?
Ans : Physics (Murray Gell-Mann (89), a Jewish American physicist who theorized the existence of the quark and won a Nobel Prize for his method of classifying partic)
12. Who is the head of the RBI committee to review mortgage securitisation?
Ans : Harsh Vardhan
13. Which of the following countries has been removed from US currency watchlist?
Ans : Switzerland
14. Who has been sworn-in as the new President of Nigeria?
Ans : Muhammadu Buhari
15. Who is the head of the RBI committee for secondary market in corporate loans?
Ans : T N Manoharan
16. Carmine Caridi, who passed away recently, was the renowned actor of which country?
Ans : United States
17. What is the India’s rank in the 2019 edition of the IMD World Competitiveness Rankings?
Ans: 43 rd
18. Who has been bestowed with the lifetime recognition Award by the Confederation of Horticulture Association of India?
Ans: N Kumar
19. Who has been sworn-in as the new Prime Minister of Papua New Guinea?
Ans : James Marape (On 30 May 2019, James Marape has been nominated, elected, and sworn-in as the 8th Prime Minister of Papua New Guinea (PNG). He is a former finance min)
20. The Union Environment Ministry has launched the theme song ‘Hawa Aane De’ to spread awareness about Air pollution. It is written by which of the following?
Ans : Swanand Kirkire
21. What is the focus theme of the 2019 edition of World No Tobacco Day (WNTD)?
Ans: Tobaco and Lung Health
22. The scientists at which US university have developed a new prosthetic foot to help tackle tough terrain?
Ans : Stanford University
23. Who has taken charge as the new Chief of the Naval Staff (CNS) ?
Ans : Karambir Singh
24. Which state police has decided to use laser guns to crack down on over-speeding?
Ans : Gujarat (The Gujarat government has decided to equip the traffic police with ‘laser guns’ for detection of over-speeding by vehicles. The state traffic police)
25. Which IIT has launched Integrated Database on Infrastructure Projects (IDIP)?
Ans : IIT – Madras
26. Which airport of Madhya Pradesh has been declared as International Airport?
Ans : Devi Ahilya Bai Holkar Airpot
(In Madhya Pradesh, Devi Ahilya Bai Holkar Airport of Indore has been declared as International Airport.)
27. Which IIT has recently tied up with ISRO to set up space technology?
Ans : IIT – Guwahati
28. Kudakrumia rangnekari, which is in news recently, is associated to which kind of species?
29. ISRO has signed pact with which Indian armed force for astronaut training?
Ans: Indian Air Force
30. The 2019 Financial Literacy Week is an initiative of which of the following Indian organizations?
Ans ; RBI (The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will observe 2019 Financial Literacy Week (FLW) across the country from 3rd to 7th of June)