Current Affairs July 22 2019
1. Who is the head of the committee that recently submitted the Draft National Education Policy (NEP) to the Union HRD Minister?
Ans: K Kasturitangan (Former ISRO chief Dr. K Kasturirangan led Committee has recently submitted the draft National Educational Policy (NEP) to HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriya)
2. Who has become the first-ever spinner to bowl the first over in a World Cup?
Ans : Imaran Tahir (Imran Tahir, the leg-spinner of South Africa, has scripted history by becoming the first-ever spinner to bowl the first over in a World Cup during the)
3. Which state government has decided to ban online food delivery without hygiene rating?
4. Which state government has recently banned Ads & sale of e-cigarettes?
5. Who has become the first woman fighter pilot to fly Hawk jet?
Ans : Mohana Singh
6. Which state government of India has won the 2019 WHO award for tobacco control?
Ans : Rajasthan
7. Puerto Williams, which has become the world’s southernmost city, is located in which of the following countries?
Ans : Chile
8. Who has become the Youngest Parliamentarian in the history of Indian Parliament?
Ans : Chandrani Murmu
9. Which city to host 10th National Science Film Festival of India (NSFFl) in 2020?
10. Who has been sworn-in as new Prime Minister of Australia?
Ans : Scoot Morrison (The 46th Parliament of Australia is expected to open in the first week of July.) 11. Which Indian writer has been has been announced as the 2019 winner of the $100,000 Nine Dots Prize?
Ans: Annie Zaidi (Mumbai-based freelance writer, Annie Zaidi has been announced as the 2019 winner of the $100,000 Nine Dots Prize for her essay ‘Bread, Cement, Cactus’)
12. On which date, the 2019 edition of International Everest Day (IED) is observed recently?
Ans: May 30
13. What is the theme of the 2019 edition of International Day of United Nations Peacekeepers?
Ans: Protecting Civilians, Protecting Peace
14. Gian Chand, the veteran Freedom Fighter has passed away. He was from which state?
Ans : Himachal Pradesh
15. Which of the following AMCs has become the first Indian fund house to introduce WhatsApp transaction platform?
Ans : Motial Oswal AMC
16. Ivo Karlovic, who has become the Oldest Man to win a match at French Open, is from which country?
Ans : Croatia
17. Which state government has decided to set up India’s first ‘Blockchain District’?
18. Which state government has launched Aroma Mission to boost medical plants?
19. Which of the following countries is / are member states of BIMSTEC?
Ans: Thailand (India has invited the leaders of the BIMSTEC Member States for the swearing-in ceremony of Prime Minister Narendra Modi on May 30, 2019)
20. Who took charge as the Union Minister in the newly formed Ministry of Jal Shakti?
Ans: Gajendra Nath Pandey
21. Which President of India has been bestowed with Mexico’s highest civilian award?
Ans: Pratibha Patil
22. Who has been appointed as new Goa’s brand ambassador to promote yoga?
Ans: Namarata Menon
23. NGTS-4b, which is in news recently, is associated to which of the following planets?
24. Which High Court has recently declared Animals as legal persons?
Ans: Punjab and Haryana High Court
25. Which Indian-origin personality has been appointed UN-Women Deputy Executive Director?
Ans: Anita Bhatia
26. What is the theme of the 2019 edition of World Milk Day (WMD)?
Ans: Drink milk Today and Everyday
27. Ruma Guha Thakurta, who passed away recently, was the veteran actress of which regional cinema?
28. Which football team has won the 2019 Champions League trophy?
Ans: Liverpool FC
30. Who has been appointed as the new National Security Advisor (NSA)?
Ans: Ajit Doval
31. Which of the following countries are members of the Quadrilateral Security Dialogue (QSD)?
Ans : India, US, Japan,& Australia
32. The 2nd edition of World Bicycle Day (WBD-2019) is observed on which date?
Ans: June 3
33. Enoplotrupes tawangensis, which is in news recently, is a new species of which of the following bettles?
Ans: Dung Beetle