Current affairs July 23 2019
1. Which Indian personality has been elected external auditor of WHO?
Ans: Rajiv Mehrishi
2. Jaspal Inder Singh Kalra, who passed away recently, was associated to which field?
3. Which state government has recently passed resolution to increase reservation for OBCs to 27 %?
Ans: Madhya Pradesh
4. The Aapki Beti scheme is associated to which of the following state governments?
5. Who has been sworn-in as the new president of El Salvador?
Ans: Nayib Bukele
6. On which date, the 2019 edition of International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression is observed?
Ans: June 4
7. Which city hosted the 14th summit of Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC-2019)?
8. The 2019 Global Disability Summit is scheduled to be held in which of the following cities?
Ans: Buenos Aires (The 2nd edition of Global Disability Summit (GDS) will be held at Buenos Aires, Argentina from 6-8 June 2019)
9. Who is the author of the book ‘Cricket World Cup: The Indian Challenge’?
Ans: Ashis Ray (The book ‘Cricket World Cup: The Indian Challenge’ has been authored by veteran broadcaster and writer Ashis Ray)
10. What is the theme of the 2019 edition of World Environment Day (WED)?
Ans: Beat Air Pollution
11. Who has been appointed as Director General (DG) of the India Meteorological Department (IMD)?
Ans: Mrutyunjay Mahapatra
12. Tijjani Muhammad-Bande, who has been elected as President of the 74th session of the UNGA, is from which African country?
13. Which country’s women hockey team has clinched the Cantor Fitzgerald U21 International title?
Ans: India (The Indian junior women’s hockey team clinched the 2019 Cantor Fitzgerald U21 International 4-Nations title after beating Ireland 1-0 in the final at
Dublin, Ireland on June 4)
14. Which Indian-American personality has been chosen for the USIBC Global Leadership Awards 2019?
Ans : Sundar Pichai
15. Dinyar Contractor, who passed away recently, was associated to which field?
Ans: Film Industry (Maharashtra)
16. Who has been chosen for the 2019 J C Daniel Award?
Ans : Sheela (Sheela, the veteran Malayalam actress-director, has been chosen for the prestigious J C Daniel Award for her contributions to the film world)
17. Exercise ‘Kharga Prahar-2019’ has recently carried out by the Indian Army in which of the following states?
Ans: Punjab (The Indian Army and Indian Air Force (IAF) has jointly carried out a week-long special training exercise “Kharga Prahar-2019” in the plains of Punjab.)
18. Sinai Peninsula, which is in news recently, is located in which of the following African countries?
Ans : Egypt
19. Who is the newly appointed vice chairman of NITI Aayog?
Ans : Ravi kumar (Prime Minister Narendra Modi has recently reconstituted the federal policy think-tank National Institution of Transforming India (NITI) Aayog)
20. Who has won the 2019 Women’s Prize for Fiction?
Ans: Tayari Jone
21. Which is the most congested city in the world, according to TomTom Traffic Index 2018?
Ans : Mumbai
22. Who will chair the Cabinet Committee on Parliamentary Affairs?
Ans : Rajnath Singh
23. Which is metros has become the India’s first project to receive power from waste-to-energy?
Ans: Delhi Metro
24. India has recently notified a tax data pact with which of the following countries?
Ans : Marshall Islands
25 . Who has been sworn-in as new Chief Justice of the Delhi High Court?
Ans : Dhirubhai Naranbhai Patel
26. Laldingliana Sailo, who passed away recently, was the noted editor of which news channel?
Ans : Doordarshan
27. What is the India’s rank at the first-ever SDG Gender Index?
Ans : 95th
28. What is the current repo rate in the second bi-monthly monetary policy review of RBI for FY20?
Ans : 5.75%
29. Which country has recently launched Arctic train service?
Ans : Russia
30. Dzukou Valley, which is in news recently, is located in which of the following North-East states of India?
31. Who of the following players has become the India’s highest capped footballer?
Ans : Sunil Chhetri
32. Which social networking site has launched its first interactive game show ‘Confetti’ in India?