Current affairs July 13 2019
1. Claire Polosak, who became the first female umpire to stand in a men’s ODI, is from which country?
2. What is the theme of the 2019 International Labour Day (ILD)?
Ans : Sustainble pension for all : The Role of Social Partners
3. Negasso Gidada, who passed away recently, was the former President of which country?
4. Which of the following countries is the biggest spender on military expenditure in 2018, as per new data by SIPRI?
Ans : United States
5. Which hockey player has been nominated for the 2019 Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award?
Ans : P R Sreejesh
6. Indo-French joint naval exercise ‘Varuna 19.1’ has started in which places?
Ans : Goa
7. Operation Swift Retort, which is in news recently, is associated to which countries?
Ans : Pakistan
8. Who has become the first non-British President of Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC)?
Ans : Kumar sangakkara
9. The headquarters of Water and Power Consultancy Services (India) Limited (WAPCOS) is located in which cities?
Ans : New Delhi
10. The 8th Asian Youth Women Handball Championship is scheduled to be held in which Indian cities?
Ans : Jaipur
11. Which country has become India’s top crude oil supplier in 2018-19 fiscal year?
Ans : Iraq
12. Mawmluh cave, sometimes seen in news , is associated to which states?
Ans : Meghalaya
13. SEBI has barred which stock exchange from securities market for 6 months on co-location case?
Ans : NSE (National Stock Exchange)
14. The 2019 edition of International Jazz Day (IJD) was launched by UNESCO in which of the following countries?
Ans : Australia (Canberra is capital of Australia)
15. What is the theme of the 2019 edition of World Press Freedom Day (WPFD)?
Ans : Media for democracy: Journalism and Elections in Times of Disinformation
16. Generalized System of Preference (GSP), sometimes seen in news, is associated to which of the following countries?
Ans : United States
17. Where is the headquarters of International Press Institute (IPI)?
Ans : Vienna (Austria)
18. Which Indian wrestler has won gold in the men’s 65kg freestyle at the 2019 Ali Aliyev wrestling tournament?
Ans : Bajrang Punia (born 26 February 1994, Khudan is a village located in Jhajjar district in the Indian state of Haryana)
19. Who has been appointed as first independent woman director of Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE)?
Ans : Jayashree Vyas
20. On which date, the World Tuna Day (WTD-2019) is observed recently?
Ans : May 2nd
21. Bharat Fibre, which is in news recently, is associated to which telecom companies?
Ans : BSNL
22. The Government of India (GoI) has signed a MoU with which IIT to set up a Centre of Excellence for Waste to Wealth Technologies?
Ans : IIT Delhi
23. Which of the following parliaments has become the first in the world to declare climate emergency?
Ans: United Kingdom
24. Which state city police has launched an all-women police patrol unit ‘Rani Abbakka Force’?
Ans : Karnataka
25. Who led the Indian delegation at the 16th Ministerial Meeting of Asia Cooperation Dialogue (ACD-2019)?
Ans : V K Singh (External Affairs and Overseas Indian Affairs.)